This app was last updated about a month ago, but we’re including it for the way it works with SPC, listed above. RD3 may be one of the coolest, full-featured groove machines for Android. Now, it lets you create throw-back loops and grooves with its virtual analog bass synthesizer (which sounds like a 303) and a retro drum machine that bundles the sounds of eight classic kits from hip-hop and early electronic music (808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RZ1, DMX). Loops are programmed with a real-time four bar step sequencer and can be exported to the SPC app for editing and arranging.
Create your own grooves and loops with RD3 - Groovebox.
Recreate the sound of early electronic dance music with an app that recalls an analog synthesizer and drum machine!
Developed in Berlin, RD3 - Groovebox is a pioneering audio app for Android that lets you program your own grooves. This multi-touch enabled app makes it simple to invent unique loops and manipulate them with a resonant filter on the go.
Appropriate both for experienced musicians and novices.
Loops you've created with the Groovebox can also be automatically integrated into mikrosonic's audio mixer app SPC - Music Sketchpad.
- Virtual analog synthesizer
- 3 types of waveforms
- Reminiscent of the legendary 303 synthesizer
- High-quality or regular filter modes
- Drum machine with 8 drum kits: 808, 909, 606, CR-78, Linn, KR55, RZ1, DMX
- Real-time step sequencer
- 4 bars with 16 steps per instrument
- 3 play modes: Solo, loop or random
- Multi-touch control
- Audio loop export feature
- Session save capability
- Cut/copy/paste pattern
- Android 2.1 or higher
- Screen resolution 480×320 (HVGA) or higher
- 550 MHz CPU or faster supporting ARMv7